Pages

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

A Moment for Indulgence

Today is another cross quarter day: Lammas is the midpoint between the summer solstice and the autumn equinox. Perhaps it is the perfect day to indulge the senses. My garden is awash with flowers which in turn the bees of all sorts are indulging in the vast amount of nectar. Unfortunately none of the flower pictures have bees.

Echinacea purpurea (Purple coneflower)

Clematis ligusticifolia (Western virgin’s bower) 

“I ask for a moment’s indulgence to sit by Thy side.

The works that I have in hand

I will finish afterwards.


Away from the sight of Thy face

My heart knows no rest or respite,

And my work becomes an endless toil

In a shoreless sea of toil.


Today the summer has come at my window

With its sighs and murmurs,

And the bees are plying their minstrelsy

At the court of the flowering grove.

 

Now it is time to sit quiet

Face to face with Thee,

And sing dedication of life

In the silent and overflowing leisure.”

RABINDRANATH TAGORE



                            Epolibium canum  (California fuschsia ‘Calistoga’)                                    

On this glorious, sunny summer day as I meander about the vibrantly alive and beautiful garden, I also have a wonderfully hearty belly




No comments:

Post a Comment