Pages

Friday, February 3, 2023

Missed

Unfortunately I missed heralding the entry of Spring. On the Celtic calendar February 2 signals the start of Spring. It was known as Candelmas or what we now call Groundhog Day.

"I who am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon

among the stars and the mysteries of the waters, I call upon your

soul to arise and come unto Me.  For I am the soul of nature that 

gives life to the universe. From Me all things proceed and unto Me

they must return.  Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices, for

behold -- all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals.  Let there be

beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility,

mirth and reverence within you.  And you who seek to know Me, 

know that your seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you

know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within

yourself, you will never find it without.  For behold, I have been 

with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at

the end of desire."

                                                             DOREEN VALIENTE


Daffodils blooming in my front yard

There seems to be no other early flowering bulb more associated with Spring. Luckily previous owners planted daffodil bulbs all over my property. They are just now beginning to bloom.

Recently I was in a garden center and passed by six packs of Old Spice Mix of sweet peas. I bought two.  The fragrance of blooming sweet peas reminds me of my growing up days in Iowa. My mother buried sweet seeds in the ground as soon as the temperatures warmed. For me no flower surpasses the fragrance of the sweet pea. Perhaps I will save seeds so that I can start them myself next year instead of purchasing plants someone else has propagated.


Now sweet peas starts in my backyard

Green Man is Dwight's last sculpture creation. 

As we rejoice in the changing of the seasons, may we enjoy a hearty



No comments:

Post a Comment