Pages

Friday, February 24, 2023

Flowering Now

"As I enter this new space may I see and be seen.

May I touch and be touched.

May I speak and be spoken to.

May I feel and be felt.

May I experience and be experienced

that we both may become whole.”

        by Carol Milligan, radiation oncologist

Recently when I was out and about "running" errands I stopped by the Rohnert Park Library to pick up a stack of books I had requested. As I was crossing the street from the parking lot to the actual building I passed by this flowering Manzanita. These types of bushes all around Cotati and Rohnert Park are featuring their flowers in varying colors from white to very dark pink.  



Unfortunately the lone bush (Arctostaphylos bakeri (‘Louis Edmunds’) I have planted in my front yard is too immature to bloom. Near the driveway I have also planted two Arctostaphylos uva-ursi (‘Point Reyes’ bearberry) but they are low growing rather than an upright bush. Presently I am searching for Arctostaphylos densiflora X Lutsko's Pink

Oh my gosh, it was just raining now it is hailing. Today the weather here at my house is "wonky" as my now late brother would say. We desperately one  need more moisture so I am grateful for whatever form it falls from the sky.

As I sit and look out the North window behind my computer, I have a whole hearted belly





No comments:

Post a Comment