Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Happy Valentine's Day


A recent  Hoya kerrii cutting flourishing
on my green table located in my "breakfast nook".

The small heart leaf hoya pictured above is the size I purchased from the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix, Arizona, oh so many years ago when Dwight and I stayed in the Phoenix area so I could see Spring Training baseball. The cutting was taken from the thriving plant it has become.

Hoya kerrii is an epiphytic plant that climbs and twines as it grows, attaching itself to trees with its aerial roots in its native surroundings.
Unfortunately being contained in a pot with no access to the ground my large Hoya's twining branches just hang loose.


When Dwight and I were relocating back to Sonoma County and looking for a house to buy, I knew this sunny Southern exposure would be excellent location for the above heart leaf Hoya. And it has proven to provide the bright sunlight that was absent in our Santa Fe Stamm home.


Pieces of obsidian: black on the
left and mahogany on the right

Last week my son-in-law came to play with Shasta. He also brought me the two pieces of obsidian shown above. How misinformed I have been! I thought obsidian was black. And as I read the article online (available to each of you if you click on the highlighted "obsidian") I once again was filled with awe!

So I wish each and everyone who reads this post "Happy Valentine's Day". Hopefully you have a "heartmate", as my Molokai friend calls our husbands to whom we are so heart connected, with whom you can celebrate in a heartful, raucous manner! AND enjoy together a frequent belly


No comments:

Post a Comment