Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Spring, 2023

Annually the vernal equinox occurs on March 19, 20 or 21 in the Northern Hemisphere. The vernal equinox happens when the sun crosses the imaginary line, AKA the celestial equator, from South to North in the sky above the Earth's equator. Spring, 2023, begins Monday, March 20 and continues until Wednesday, June 21. 

03/17/2023: My dear friend Rosa shared this picture from her place near 
Villanueva, NM, which is mostly East of Santa Fe on I-40.

Does not look like Spring at Lake Tahoe
where Dwight's niece lives.
She sent me this picture taken from
her dining room window.
 
The almost daily rains has battered 
the white blossoms on
the Santa Rosa plum tree in my backyard.
Hopefully the bees are finding the
flowers so they can produce an
abundance of plums this year.

A few days ago on Shasta's and
my morning walk I took this picture.
Magnolia trees in various colors are
livening up the neighborhood.

   Lamprocapnos spectabilis (Bleeding heart)
Last year I noticed these plants were not doing well where I had
planted them. I believe it was too sunny so
I moved them to shady spot.
They seem contently thriving where I transplanted them.
They are even beginning to bloom this Spring.  

Sisyrinchium  bellum (Californian blue eyed grass)

Ceanothus (California wild lilac ‘Dark Star’)




Ribes sanguineum var. glutinosum ( ‘Heart’s Delight’)

A close up picture 

of the lowest hanging flowers

is above.    

and the entire plant on a
lovely sunny day
a rarity these days.

Frequently I notice that the Wild Birds Unlimited  
Woodpeckers cylinder is covered
with Bushtits. I simply love these cute little birds!
I am hoping as the coyote bushes grow
and produce more flowers hence seeds
they will visit those.
At MuRefuge they certainly did.

I have noticed when I am out and about in my sweet little town that the rosemary bushes are covered with bright blue flowers. I have a very small bush that also has has many blue flowers. I have ordered a pink flowering rosemary which I hope to plant in the ground soon. At MuRefuge I had three of these. I thoroughly enjoyed the pink in contrast to the glossy green leaves.

As I survey my garden bursting into Spring I have a frequent big belly


No comments:

Post a Comment