Pages

Friday, January 20, 2023

Gray Water Hare

 January 22, 2023 is the Chinese New Year. It begins the Year of the gray water hare (rabbit).

To begin each Chinese New Year
I change the paper cut.

These paper cuts come from Artistic Chinese Creations so I can order them online. During the two, month long visits Dwight and I took to China with Charlotte and Da Jin Sun, I saw paper cuts for the first time. I was so impressed that someone could cut these intricate paper cuts!  So at  each market place we visited in various cities I looked for paper cuts. Some came in a "bundle" while others came singularity. 
I purchased many that I brought home to be used in card creations for friends and family members' birthdays, anniversaries and such. That supply has long been exhausted so now I order only a paper cut to frame for the beginning of each Chinese New Year. 

I like to use Taoist Astrology: a handbook of the authentic Chinese tradition by Susan Levitt with Jen Tang each year to read about their astrological viewpoint. In addition, I receive a regular email from Susan. Below is a copy of her email: "2023 YEAR OF THE WATER RABBIT" that each of you can read.

Join me for my annual Chinese New Year talk on Zoom:
2023 YEAR OF THE WATER RABBIT
Saturday January 28, 2023 at Noon PST.
Water Rabbit year is time for peace, healing, and diplomacy after Tiger year. Rabbit Year info link.
ornaments-hh.gif

2022 GEMINI FULL MOON in RAT LUNAR MONTH

December 7, 2022 at 8:08 pm is a full Moon in Gemini. Air sign Gemini rules the third house of ideas and communication. Therefore, the remaining weeks of December are good for planning, interactions, and travel before Mercury retrograde on December 29 until January 18, 2023. The Mercury retrograde influence begins the week before on December 23, so get your affairs in order and stay healthy during this bustling holiday season. Contact me for your tarot reading or astrology forecast for 2023.

This full Moon conjuncts Mars in Gemini. Mars in Gemini can be a bright strategist with the natural ability to see both sides of a situation. But a full Moon blended with Mars can bring irritability leading to confrontations. For some, it can be challenging to maintain your equilibrium. Plus Mars is retrograde until January 12, 2023. Avoid extremes of temper, especially during this Tiger year.

Stay balanced by using foresight and planning instead of acting impulsively or exercising your will. 

This full Moon marks the peak of Water Rat lunar month. Rat is an excellent strategist and planner. With the element Water, it will be easier to follow your instincts and intuition. Do not get swept up in emotion as the full Moon, and Sun and Venus both in Sagittarius, all square Neptune in Pisces. There could be a gap between reality and your ideals, and unrealistic expectations of loved ones.

Opportunities for new ideas and approaches are for all, and are strongest for Air signs Gemini, Libra, and Aquarius and those born in Rat, Ox, Tiger, and Pig years.

Happy full Moon,
Susan

SUSAN LEVITT
Tarot - Astrology - Feng Shui
susanlevitt.com


I am relishing the sunshine. It is coolish outside: in the low 40's but the actual sunshine is absolutely fabulous!!! Below is a picture of the fava beans stretching towards the sunshine. They seem to fond of both all the rain and now the sunshine. I am so looking forward to have fresh fava bean soup as well as fresh fava beans atop pasta. Both are delicious. I have always enjoyed them seasonally since I only prepare them when they are fresh.  I do plan to dry for keeping some for planting this upcoming early Fall.


Shasta is now insistent about getting her midday meal so I best bring this to a close and "get to it". 

Shasta tuckered out after a long day.
She is such a dear and wonderful companion.


May each and everyone of us have a frequent and full belly


No comments:

Post a Comment