Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Beautiful


Chocolate Flower . . . I fell in
love with this plant living in Santa Fe.
Yes! the flowers actually have
a slight smell of chocolate.

Last week Chris, Shasta and I drove to Tanis' lovely home and property to pick Pink Pearl apples. There were not nearly as many as last year but I brought home plenty for making applesauce. It has just been so been so dry there seems to be less fruit on all trees not just Tanis' fruit trees.

The Pink Pearl apples
piled into the sink
ready to be washed.

The beautifully colored 
apples now prepared for
cooking then "strained"
and put into pint jars.

Isn't this most gorgeous color?
Dwight and I use to enjoy
putting applesauce I 
had made the previous year
on hash browns . . .
this makes for a delicious,
light evening meal.

Recently Leigh and Steven enjoyed a few days away from their home in Seattle. The below is one of the pictures she sent me. I love the wheelbarrow sculpture and just could not resist sharing it with all of you.

Picture Leigh sent from their time spent at Suncadia

As I get up each morning to what feels like an empty house and deal with pervasive grief, I continue with my familiar routine which Shasta helps me to maintain. Reading the glorious array of emails is a useful activity. Yesterday I receive Susan's email with her regular newsy "post".
Perhaps you would enjoy reading as well? I remember when Dwight and I would go to have a delightful meal at The Shed, stopping off at Susan's Christmas Shop and browsing. There is so much miss about Santa Fe AND I am ever so grateful we had the time there that we did.

BEing out in my garden taking care of tasks is a wonderful way I am staying in touch with what feeds me. All the while I partake in a frequent





No comments:

Post a Comment