Pages

Friday, May 24, 2024

The First

The first tomato to appear on
the many tomato plants
started from seed
here at PageRefuge


This early setting tomato plant is named Stupice. Usually as they ripen they are roasted, peeled and placed in quart jars that are then "stored" in the freezer located in my garage. These jars are often used to make spaghetti sauce or eaten as tomato soup.

The Cascadia peas are immensely productive this year. They can be eaten raw right off the "vines", 

or steamed


In years past some have been frozen in bone broth made in my clay pot. This makes a delicious soup during the colder months of the year. And resurrects the remembrance of indulging in an abundance of peas during the season past.

As some of you are aware May marked the happening of my 80th birthday.






The celebrating took place in Pt. Reyes Station. And a walk about in the stunning gardens surrounding the house was enjoyed by all.


The following day this bouquet arrived from my long time dear friend who lives in Tempe, Arizona. She thought my birthday was on the 15th not 14th as did my friend who lives East of Santa Fe, New Mexico. m-m-m-m-m-m a mystery to me.

As The First post comes to an end may we all enjoy a 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment