Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Wintertime


               Cornus sericia occidentalish 

   (‘Tomales Bay’ Western twig dogwood)


This Red Twig Dogwood, planted just to the left of the front door, is one of my favorite for the Wintertime with its cheerful red bark. It was especially notable when living in Santa Fe where in the Wintertime the ground was often covered with snow. Across from the Gregory Lopez Park where Shasta played with Hobbes one house had two very large specimens. Probably they were different from the variety growing at PageRefuge.


 

                                           


                  Infinite Spirit, when I pray each day

              for shelter for the homeless,

              let me not ignore the pet without a home,


As I ask protections for those in areas

of turmoil and unrest,

let me not forget endangered species of life,


When I pray that the hungry be fed

let me be mindful

that all God’s creatures have need of sustenance,


As I ask Devine assistance for those afflicted

by fire, flood, earthquake, storm or drought,

let me remember that this includes every living thing,


In seeking miracle cures for human disease,

my I also speak for the well-being of the planet itself.


Let the words of my mouth,

the meditations of my heart

and the actions of my life be as one,

that I may live each day in harmony

with Mother Earth. Amen.


                                 JENNIE FROST BUTLER



Shasta loves napping in the sunshine. Usually she does so lying in the backyard soaking up the rays, so to speak. Since it is often raining lately she has taken to napping on the couch where there is ample sunshine streaming through the south facing windows.

As I finish up this post, after sweeping the patio (see the next post for details), I had a terrific 





No comments:

Post a Comment