Pages

Monday, February 5, 2024

Windy

This Sunday past was the windiest  I ever experience living in Sonoma County. I had put all the bins out for the contents to be emptied by Recology SonomaMarin on Monday. When I looked out the window, the 60 mph winds had blown the bins across the street. Soon thereafter the electricity went out. ***AVOID THE AREA***  was sent to my iPhone informing me that a street nearby was closed to through traffic due to a "tree down". Another notice this morning arrived to messages on my iPhone that there is a damaged power pole: "Avoid area as the pole and wired could fall." The ground is pretty saturated with all the recent rain and all the creeks are running fast and higher than usual.




This is the walkway along the east side of the house. As you can see it is littered with what has blown off of the trees growing at the apartments next door.

The garden is rich with diversity
With plants of a hundred families
  In the space between the trees
With all the colors and fragrances
Basil, mint and lavender,
God keep my remembrance pure,
Raspberry, Apple, Rose,
God fill my heart with love,
Dill,anise,tansy ,
Holy winds blowing me
Rhododenron, zinnia,
May my prayer be beautiful
May my remembrance O God
be as inches to thee
In the sacred grove of eternity
As I smell and remember
The Ancient forests of earth.

CHINOOK PSALTER

Here is a link for PLANT LIST for PageRefuge, 2023 so that you can view the "diversity with plants" in the garden.

After lunch the patio was swept.  The bin just emptied this morning is now a 1/3 full. I got plenty of upper body work not only wielding the broom but moving everything that is located on the lovely tiled patio.

This picture I took while looking at the puffy white cloud. In Santa Fe and in the Mono Lake basin these types of clouds are abundant. However, here in Cotati seeing these big fluffy cotton ball type clouds happens less often.


After walking with "her dads", Shasta standing in the front yard. Of course you all can figure out that it was before the grass was eliminated with a foot or more with wood chips. Occasionally a single sprout of grass comes through the mulch, but it is easily removed by gently pulling it out.

Some of you are aware I drove to Santa Barbara, California, monthly when I was recovering from a protracted illness. I met with Annette Goodheart (yes! that is really her last name), Ph.D. I learned to 


 "about everything in your life that isn't really funny". If anyone is interested in procuring this book, it is available online.











No comments:

Post a Comment