Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Ahhhhh . . . Relief

Not long ago I was watering the front yard. I noted the Pinyon Pine I had purchased and decided not to plant in the ground but in a clay pot. My thinking at the time was that I could lug the pot inside, once the tree was big enough, and decorated it as my holiday tree. I totally spaced out how very slowly Pinyon Pines grow.

Pinyon Pine in clay pot


Pinus monophylla (Pinyon pine)
out of the clay pot
and into the ground

Once the tree had emitted "Ahhh . . . Relief" I set the empty clay pot along the road. As I was watering thoroughly the newly plant tree a man stopped in front of the clay pot. He asked if I was getting rid of it. "Yes" was my reply and he picked it up. As he did so he said "I hope I can carry this and finish my walk. This will be great in my garden." I am always so ecstatic when something I no long want or have "room for" is appreciated by someone else.

The clouds in this area
are nothing short of spectacular!

Dwight securing our Christmas tree atop our car. Our routine was to walk about an area on the Eastern side of Nevada State Route 338. Once we have declared "this one" we would saw it off, just before we returned to our home from the Mono Lake Basin. It had become our tradition to spent a month here in my favorite place on Mother Earth. There are numerous places to hike. Some of our walking was on a sandy road used to truck out cattle from designated pastures.


As we brought our tree already secured in the Christmas tree stand thorough a narrow front door into the house we always had a good



No comments:

Post a Comment