Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thanksgiving

 Vitis californica x European grape cross  ('Roger's Red' California grape)

Eternal Spirit of Justice and Love,

At this time of Thanksgiving we would be aware of our

dependence on the earth and on the sustaining presence of other

human beings both living and gone before us.

As we partake of bread and wine, may we remember that

there are many for whom sufficient bread is a luxury, or for whom

wine, when attainable, is only an escape.  Let our thanksgivnig for

Life’s bounty include a commitment to changing the world, that

those who are now hungry may be filled and those without hope

may be given courage.


Amen.

                                CONGREGATION OF ABRAXAS

I remember my meeting Dwight for the first time 35 years ago on Thanksgiving. We had both been invited by our individual friends to share in the abundance of food and friendship. He had recently left his wife thus his friend did not want him to spend this holiday by himself. When we were introduced, we both were taken aback by the instantaneous connections we felt.  Some while past before we actually got together to share a drink in a downtown Sebastopol pub. Soon thereafter we spent most of our nonworking hours together and the rest is history as the old saying goes.

So this particular holiday carries much significance for me. I am saddened that Dwight is no longer with me in physical form.

Luckily I have a dear, dear, dear friend who will coming to my house for a very, very, very nontraditional Thanksgiving meal. We will have a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving. I will be spending the day in a totally different way from any past Thanksgivings I spent with Dwight.

Evening sleeping Shasta

My evenings are quiet often spent reading or if the Warriors are playing basketball watching their game. Shasta keeps me company as she is pictured above.

To discharge all the swirling emotions around this holiday I have a frequent belly


No comments:

Post a Comment