Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Last

All the empty Todd planters
stacked in my wooden shed
ready for seed planting in a few months.

Yesterday crawling around on my hands and knees I planted out the last two Todd planters. They contained native grasses that I started from seed. My idea is to create some grassy areas for Shasta to lay. Right now she only has wood chips to nap on.

I planted Blue fescue beneath the grape arbor.
Shasta often paws at the dirt especially
when she is excited by a Turkey vulture flying over.
So to allow the grasses to root I created a barrier.

Red fescue, only about half of one
of the Todd planter, was planted to
the East of what I had planted earlier.

While I was planting yesterday, I also put into the ground two yarrow plants my dear friend Ann brought by Monday late afternoon. She had told me she had pink flowering yarrow that she had brought back from Santa Barbara some while ago when her children were at the university.

This yarrow she told me is a magenta flowering yarrow.

And this Channel Island yarrow has a lighter shade of pink.

I am so excited to have yarrow with flowers other than white of which I have two.These flowers and leaves I use in a salve I make yearly. It is a great salve for any scratch, burn or surgical site needing to healed. And now I have two stunningly different colors of yarrow which I can see each morning when I look out the dining room double doors while doing my morning qi gong.

Shasta keeping me company
while I watched a recent 
Warriors basketball game.

As I continue to adjust to living without Dwight, I frequently have a good belly


No comments:

Post a Comment