Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Plethora


Mostly green plums

The Santa Rosa plum tree that was in the backyard when we bought our Cotati house, has soooooooooooo many fruits this year. Last year there was a late freeze so nada.


Since the birds peck on the ripening fruit, I pick the plum even before they are totally ripe. Then I lay them out on the counter in the washer/dryer room to fully ripen.  So far 10 quarts of plum have been canned for enjoyment during the winter months when fresh fruit (other than citrus) is hard to come by.

My idea is to make plum jam with the plums that are now ripening. Jam is so delish. I have been known to make a jelly roll with plum jam. Great treat for when visitors drop by for an afternoon chat.

Leigh

My stepdaughter, Leigh, who lives in Seattle, went with friends for a little R&R and fun. She sent the pictures above and below.

Steven (her hubby) and Leigh

Friends who joined the "get away"

Shasta adding greens to her dietary intake.
These small plants planted in the holes
of the cement blocks bordering
the west most bed are zinnias.
The seeds were purchased from 
Wild Garden Seed.


So on this rather gloomy, with an overcast sky, I rejoice in having my new iMAC up and functioning. And in celebration partake in a hardy belly



No comments:

Post a Comment