Pages

Friday, April 19, 2024

Stunningly

Stunningly beautiful flowers have appeared on two of the three apple trees. The Spitzenberg tree has way more leaves which are bigger than on the other two trees. It also has fewer blossoms. 


Cox’s Orange Pippin

Pink Pearl

Spitzenberg (Thomas Jefferson's favorite apple)

Now I am wondering if it would be best for the development of the tree to pick off all the apples that appear this season. Last season I did so but perhaps leaving a few to ripen would not hinder the trees development?

Calylophus drum mondianus (Sundrops)

And while these are not as spectacular as the Sundrops I planted at SantaFeRefuge they are a welcome brightness to the landscape of my front yard. As I look at the two pictures of Sundrops it is difficult for me to see a lot of difference. However, the green leaves are not the same shade nor is the flower. Of course, each of you can discern for your self.

Fendler’s Sundrops

(Calylophus hartwegii fendleri)


My dear, dear, dear friend arrived from the Santa Fe, New Mexico area Friday



for a short visit. She had never taken a vacation, never been in an airplane, never seen the ocean. Shasta and I took her to Bodega Bay. We walked along the sand for a good distance.

and she would NOT go forward
until her friend arrived
who had stop to get the
sand off her feet so she
could put her shoes back on.

Shasta got eat before we had our lunch. My friend had fresh oysters which she had never before eaten.  Monday we took her back to the airport. She is now on her way back to New Mexico. Oh dear, how sad! Our house now feels SO VERY EMPTY without her.

To dispel some of the sadness she is no longer her I have had a good 




No comments:

Post a Comment