Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Dense

This morning  and the previous several ones I awoke to dense, dense, dense fog. I was so dense that I was certain it had rained. However, when I check the rain gauge no rain was recorded.


When I looked out upon the patio all the indentations of the slate was filled with moisture. It is hard to come to grips that this is all the result of dense fog. 

When Shasta and I have taken our morning walks with this dense fog, all the trees were "dripping", the roadways very wet as was the sidewalks and grasslands we walked past. I have to admit I am not an enthusiast of fog as are many I encounter on our morning walks.

And for those of you who have contacted me about the wood chip pile remaining in the ditch in front of my house, the pile is, as I write this post, being moved by my neighbor to the West. 

 

As I did, when this property had grass in both the front and back yards, I applied for a "lawn rebate" from the city of Cotati. My neighbor did likewise. He has been waiting for  confirmation which just yesterday he received. Thus today he is moving the remainder of the wood chips in the ditch in front of my house. WHEW! Just in time because I got a notice from the City yesterday that if the pile was not removed by noon 12/14/2023 they would do so.

My neighbor's plan is to mulch his yard then plant natives as I have. He and his wife will use my plant list to go shopping at California Flora Nursery.

Now I would like to "give a shout out" for my long time friend's book. It is now available for purchase . . . $12.00 on Amazon. A word of caution: be sure to buy his book on Amazon rather other sites. I found the cost to be $2.00 to $3.00 more on a number of sites that sell books.

EVOLVE: A Modern Wizard's Apprenticeship with Merlin

Rob is such an interesting human BEing. He has cut my hair for eons, except of course when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico. We have such amazing conversations while he is skillfully cutting my hair.

I am hopeful that the sunshine will eventually burn off the fog. It is late morning here in Cotati and dense fog has yet to be dissipated. So I enjoy, as I invite anyone reading this post, to 


No comments:

Post a Comment