Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2022

2022 Summer Solstice


With the roller coaster temperatures the Cascadia peas, pictured above, have been cooked in their shell. I plant this particular pea because both the pods then peas can be enjoyed. I ate my fill of delicious pea pods then fresh peas but unfortunately Dwight was in the hospital for the abundant harvest. He did get delivered to him soup I made for him with peas and pods as one of the veggies. 

So now all the plants have been pulled out and are recycling in our compost pile. Pea seeds are drying for planting in 2023 when I will put them in the soil in January. The seeds are super smart sprouting only when the soil temperature is to their liking.
 

Monardella villosa (Coyote mint ‘Russian River’)


Summer solstice, the longest day of the year, is Tuesday, June 21, 2022.

Phacelia tanacetifolia (Bee’s Friend or Lacy Phacelia)


Happy, happy, happy Summer solstice. And enjoy many a



No comments:

Post a Comment